Let's cook a Turkey in 5 simple steps!
1. Keep the bird frozen in its original packaging. Thaw 2-3 days in the chiller before cooking. Remove the neck and giblets.
2. Rub the outside of the bird with olive oil and season the inside and outside with ground pepper and sea salt. Place about 10 cloves of garlic, a bunch of fresh rosemary and thyme and 2 unpeeled oranges cut into half into the cavity of the bird.
3. Layer your favourite vegetables - carrots, onions, brussels sprouts etc and place the turkey on top.
4. Roast in 180 deg Celsius for two and a half hours and finish off at 220 deg Celsius for the last 30 minutes and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving. Do not be tempted to open the door of your oven as this will lead to the bird being not crispy.
5. Lastly prepare your gravy. Pour 1 cup of broth onto the pan and mix well with the pan drippings. Freeze it for half an hour. Skim off the fats and add more broth, butter, salt and pepper to taste and finally thicken with 1/4 cup of flour!